Why Fiberglass Doors?
Fiberglass is a material made from glass fibers and polymer plastics. It is made by forcing molten glass through a sieve and then spinning it into a thread. Fiberglass is a lightweight, extremely strong, and robust material and it is impervious to many caustic materials and extreme temperatures.
High Impact Resistance – Strength and Security
In ASTM testing, fiberglass performed twice a strong as aluminum and eight times stronger than vinyl. Fiberglass composite ranks high in impact testing because it withstands impacts without deformation. An important feature for doors and door frames where dents, scrapes and scratches commonly occur.
Fiberglass Door Features
- No Exposed Wood
- No Water Absorption
- Will not delaminate, warp,rot or splinter
- Manufactured for strength and durability
- Vertical support components provided for added security
- Composite outer stile with a steel reinforced full length wood lock block
- No thermal or moisture bowing
High Performance Fiberglass
- Outer skin is made of dent resistant compression-moulded fibreglass.